Please read the Rules and Information documents above to familiarize yourself and your team (and parents) with our event.
Important Changes to make note of:
Small Sided Play and Age Group Changes
VIT will follow the US Soccer and Indiana Soccer Mandates for small sided play and age group changes. No exceptions will be made.
- Age Groups will use the newly established birth year format. Example: Players born in 2008 will be 14U (fourteen and under) in the fall of 2021.
- Teams must play in the format for their age groups.
- 8U may not play up to 9U or 10U age 7 v 7 formats
- 9U-10U teams MUST play 7 v 7. They may not play up to 11U formats of 9 v 9
- 11U-12U teams MUST play 9 v 9 and may not play up to the full sided game format.
- Field & Goal Size
- 7 v 7: 47x30 field with 6.5’x18.5’ goal
- 9 v 9: 75x47 field with 6.5’x18.5’ goal
- Heading the ball for players ages U12 and under. US Soccer has mandated that heading be disallowed for these age groups. If a player in the 10U-12U age groups heads the ball, a foul will be called and an indirect kick awarded.